What We Do
- Serve as an intermediary between nightlife establishments, residents, and the District government.
- Promote a safe, economically and culturally vibrant night time economy.
- Engage nightlife stakeholders by conducting outreach and providing assistance.
- Solve nighttime issues by collaborating with District government agencies.
- Educate nightlife establishments on existing district policies and regulations through quarterly trainings.
On October 18, 2018 Mayor Bowser signed the “Office and Commission of Nightlife Establishment Act of 2017,” establishing the District’s first Office of Nightlife and Culture. The Mayor signed the legislation at The Park at 14th, a nightlife establishment in Ward 2, and was joined by the bill’s sponsor, Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon Todd