What We Do
- Provide outreach and community resources to DC’s 30,000 veterans and their family members that support Mayor Bowser’s pathways to the middle class.
- Assist DC veterans and their family members with their federal VA claims and benefits through MOVA’s District Veteran Service Officers.
- Develop district level veteran programs that provide DC veterans and their families a fair shot.
Resources and Programs
- Disabled Veterans Homestead Exemption Application
- Veteran Claim Assistance
- Learn more about our services
- Learn more about our Boards and Commissions
- Grant Funding Opportunities
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Events
- Intake Form
- Job Openings
The Office of Veterans Affairs was created as an entity under the Executive Office of the Mayor in October 2001. The office was established to provide veteran benefits, assistance, information, outreach, effective advocacy, claims processing assistance and service provider coordination to veterans and their families so that they can access their entitled resources and benefits. The office also develops, coordinates and attends veteran commemorative events that recognize the military service and sacrifice of District of Columbia veterans.